Shelter-in-Place

Kimiyo

"I'm sure you've all been curious about what this lockdown means for your jobs. Believe me, this is not what we wanted. But, as you know, Governor Cuomo has shut down all restaurants and bars until further notice." The room is somber as my manager Justin addresses the group of socially distanced employees. I hold my breath, not sure what I'm expecting, but after the last couple of days I know that it's going to be bad. "We are obviously hoping to get back up and running as soon as possible, but we imagine it will not be at full capacity. Therefore, we want to offer you a choice. We can lay you off so that you can be eligible for unemployment benefits, or you can stay on and wait it out with us. We may even be open in a few weeks for to-go orders..."

He keeps talking about the details, and I feel my chest tightening. What am I going to do? I waver on my feet and decide to sit in a barstool before I pass out, then try to refocus on what Justin is saying. This is not what was supposed to happen. I need this job- I'm going to have to quit school without it. "I know this is a big decision, so take today to think about it. Let me know what you've decided. If you choose to go on unemployment, I'd do it soon, since I imagine there is going to be an overflow of applications right now, and you don't want the money to be too delayed." Justin dismisses us and I wander out onto Houston, the surprising March sun blinding me and disorienting me further. I'm physically shaking and breathing hard into my paper mask, and I feel a panic attack coming on. I find a bench and settle in, trying to settle my thoughts.

My phone starts ringing, and I see the beautiful face of my best friend Louisa. It's almost as if she can tell I need her. I take a deep breath and answer, bringing the phone to my ear. "Dios mio, Kim, this is insane! The city is literally freaking out. Noah and I went to the store earlier and it was a madhouse! But don't worry, we bought you a huge pack of TP and sanitizer and a shit-ton of non-perishables just in case. We're dropping them off at your apartment now. Where are you??" She spoke as rapidly as ever, and I was momentarily touched that she and her boyfriend Noah would think to stock me up like that. God knows I need it... my bank account is dangerously low.

I swallow, knowing I have to tell her what's going on. "Lou, I'm freaking out," I say, and she flips into high gear, taking on the supportive role she is so practiced in.

"What's happening amor?" she says, her voice laced with concern.

I explain the choice that Justin just gave us. "I am going to be homeless, Lou. You know I'm already behind in rent for my tiny place in Chinatown since Joel dumped me. Without working, there is no way I can catch up. I'm going to have to drop out of school to work, even though I'm so close..." I can feel the tears pooling in my eyelids. Joel leaving two months ago was still a sore spot for me- I really trusted him and he broke my heart and left me scrambling.

"Take a deep breathe. Inhala, exhala," she told me, sensing how distraught I am.

I try to follow her instructions and use my breath to calm me down. "What do I do?" I ask, my voice breaking.

She sighs, "Querida, I'm sorry about Joel. I mean, you know that I hated that forro. And I know he left you in a bad spot, but you have to let him go," I grunt in agreement and wipe a tear from my cheek. "I think that you should apply for unemployment- it will give you a chance to figure out next steps, and who knows how long this thing is going to last," she offers advice, and I know she's right.

I swallow before replying, trying my best to hide my emotions. "I think that makes sense, but what do I do until that goes through? It could take weeks, and who knows how much I'll be able to get? I could be evicted before any money comes through, and I can't imagine moving in with a bunch of roommates in the middle of an international pandemic!" my heart rate increases again.

Over the pounding of my blood in my ears, I hear Noah's voice in the background, "Sounds like Javi's problem."

"What?" I ask, confused what this has to do with Louisa's brother Javier. He's been staying with them for about a month while he looked for a job, which I guess would be on hold now.

"Espera.... That's brilliant, Noah!" Louisa exclaims, and I can hear the gears turning in her head. "We can solve both of our problems!"

I roll my eyes. Sometimes, Lou can be a bit overzealous, and she doesn't always think things through. "What are you talking about?"

"Escuchame, Kimiyo. Noah and I are going to get out of the city and stay with his parents in their Hamptons house," she starts, but I interrupt.

"You're leaving me?" I can't hold back the pain in my voice.

"I know, I'm sorry. But listen! You know we were going to move out of that place anyway so we could find a studio together, but since we haven't signed a new lease yet we figured we'd save on rent while all of this is going on.""That makes sense, but what does that have to do with me? Can I move into your room?" I'm confused at how that will help me, since our rent is not that different.

"No, we didn't re-new the lease, so we have to be out in two weeks," she clarifies.

"Okay..." she is not clearing things up for me.

"Which means Javi needs a place," she explains.

I furrow my brown, trying to process what she means. "He can't just go back to live with your parents?"

"Not right now, they've put up travel bans to Argentina. He's stuck in the city and he's pissed that I'm leaving him without a place," Louisa scoffs, as if he was the most annoying twin brother in the world. In reality, they are very close

I roll my eyes again- the two of them have been non-stop fighting since he moved in with her. I think close quarters were getting to them, especially with how similar Louisa says they are. I've only met him a few times, but they really are alike- energetic, caring, and care-free. "Just take him to the Hamptons- I'm sure he'll feel right at home on the beach. It doesn't seem like it's exactly the same situation I'm dealing with- I literally might become homeless!" I'm getting frustrated at this point- Javier and Louisa come from money, and they couldn't possibly understand what this feels like.

"Kimiyo, you are missing my point entirely. First of all, there is no way he is coming with us- the house is small, and Noah's parents didn't invite him- plus, he is driving me CRAZY!" She's animated now.

"Jesus, Louisa, he's your brother," I scold her cavalier tone.

She scoffs at me this time, "Ya lo sé, I know," she concedes, "But if I don't have to live with him, all the better, which is why this works out so perfectly!"

At this point I'm trying to figure out if I'm not understanding her because of the language barrier, "What works out?" I ask again, hoping she will finally start making sense.

"Javi can come and live with you!" she says excitedly, and I laugh out loud.

"Are you kidding me? My place is tiny! He would NOT be comfortable there," at least she got me to laugh, which was an improvement over publicly crying.

"No Kim, this is perfect! Javi can pay your back-rent and catch you up since you'd be doing him a huge favor. He doesn't want to try and find a place and sign a lease when he will be heading back to Argentina as soon as things open up. He doesn't feel good about finding a job with all of this going on. He won't need much, and you have the pull-out couch. And anyway, it could be just a few weeks and it would give you time to get your unemployment and figure this all out!"

I ponder this idea. It would be incredible to have my debt covered to give me some time to sort this all out, and I know Javier would be good for it, since his parents are loaded. But did I really want to share such a small space with someone I barely know? I hadn't seen him since Louisa and I were sophomores in college and he visited her. "Wouldn't that be weird?" I ask her.

"Please, chica, it would be like living with the male version of me. And remember, it wouldn't be long-term. Think of him as a visiting relative," she tries to appease me, and at her words I picture Javier in my head- beautiful caramel skin, thick black hair, deep green eyes and full, dark lips. I'm surprised where my mind went- he was certainly sexy, and the first time I saw him I could barely keep my jaw from dropping, but I ignore it because he's Louisa's twin brother and he lives in Argentina. Still, it won't exactly be like it was living with Louisa in college. Louisa distracts me from my wandering thoughts. "Do it for me, amor. I need you!"

I sigh, "It would be nice to have some support on the rent. If it works for him, it works for me. But I can't imagine he will be very comfortable on the pull-out, it's older than your parents," I admit to her.

"I will call him now and tell him to bring his stuff over. Aye, this is perfect! Now, get your sweet little tush back to your apartment. I want to say goodbye in person," she instructs, as bossy as ever.

I smile- she may be bossy, but I love her to death. "I'll be there soon," I tell her, my panic attack subsided.

The walk helps, and by the time I've climbed the 4 flours up to my tiny apartment, I have calmed down quite a bit. The idea of having some support on my rent meant I had time to figure things out. I just hope he says yes. I open the door and see Noah and Louisa sitting on the couch, snuggled up and making out, and my body tenses a bit. I miss having someone to love on, and they have been so lovey-dovey lately. It was hard to deal with sometimes, since Joel left. I throw my work bag at them, causing them to break apart. They laugh as I jump in-between, snuggling up against Louisa. "Do you have to leave me?" I ask, looking up at her and pouting.

"Don't worry, she's leaving you in good hands," I hear from the kitchen, and I quickly sit up straight when I lay eyes on Javier. Good lord. I swallow as my eyes trail the magnificent man leaning against my counter. I have to blink to be sure he isn't a deity of some kind. He is bigger and bulkier than I remember, and his skin is beautifully tanned which makes his eyes sparkle. He smiles at me with his perfect mouth, his straight teeth a dazzling white, and I think my heart skips a beat. "Good to see you Kimiyo," he says in his gorgeous accent, and I can barely think straight. He looks me up and down and it sends shivers down my spine. I need to get my shit together... it's just been a while and he was hot as hell.

I shake my head and reorient to what's going on. "Javier, hi! Sorry, I didn't expect you here so soon," I try to explain, and look to Louisa, who is raising an eyebrow at me. "It's great to see you," I say as I stand and walk over to him. He pulls me into a hug and his fresh smell engulfs me, momentarily stunning me. His touch zips through me and I'm taken aback- that's never happened to me before. I must be really hard-up.

"Thank you so much for taking me in. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, and here you are saving me," he holds my arms as he speaks, his smile is oozing sincerity.

I blush deeply at his flattery, "Actually, you are really helping me out..." I start, but Louisa interrupts, and Javi releases me.

"Kim, Noah's parents are waiting for us, we have to get going. How are you doing? You going to be alright?" she asks, coming over and holding my arms the same way Javi just had.

I frown and pull her into a hug. "Yes, I will be fine, despite you deserting me," I whine, squeezing her tightly. I'm realizing I don't know when I'm going to see her again, and the thought troubles me deeply. "I'm going to miss you," I tell her.

"So am I. But I will see you soon, I'm sure." She pulls away and locks eyes with me, "Everything is going to be alright. Just stay safe, okay?"

I nod, "You too," I tell her before turning to Noah and saying goodbye to him as well. Louisa hugs Javi and then me one last time. "Have fun with Javi- don't let him take over your space, he'll be gone before you know it!" she whispers into my ear before kissing my cheek.

"Love you," I tell her as she and Noah leave and close the door, leaving Javier and I alone to shelter-in-place for who knows how long. We stand awkwardly for a moment.

"Lou gave me your extra keys- I hope that's okay?" he murmurs almost sheepishly, and I nod, trying to offer a normal smile. Calm down, Kimi. I'm feeling too warm, and I don't know if it's the hot pipe in the room or Javi that's doing it to me.

"Yeah, so this is the place," I gesture to my very small studio apartment. "I'm sorry, all of this happened so quickly I didn't have a chance to clean up or anything," I offer him lamely.

He raises his eyebrows as he looks around, "It looks very neat to me," he says kindly.

I bite my lower lip and try to act normally. "So, let me show you around," I try, then realize that is silly considering there isn't much to show. "Umm, this is the kitchen, and around the corner is the bathroom," I continue, and he follows me to peek his head in my small bathroom. Looking at it and then back at his at least 6-foot frame, I'm calculating that this may be a problem for him. "I hope you can fit in the shower," I say, my voice laced with concern. I try to imagine him bending down to fit beneath the shower head, and instead find myself picturing what his naked body might look like all soapy and wet. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to banish the thought, and look back up at him. I can feel my face getting hot.

He smiles down at me, "It'll be fine- I've seen smaller."

I nod and turn back to the main room. "This is a pull-out," I explain, pointing to the couch as I push the coffee table back against the wall. He helps me remove the cushions and I try to pull the old full-sized mattress from inside the body of the couch, but it sticks. He lends a hand and the pathetic thing finally flops open. "I'll make it up with some spare sheets. I'm sorry it's so old, and again, kind of small. I remembered you being a bit smaller as well..." I'm rambling now, and he starts to laugh at my observation. I try to look at him, but his eyes are absolutely dazzling, his jaw sharp as a blade, and I have to look away.

"Yes, pues, I played rugby in college and then in a pro-league for the last couple of years, so I guess I bulked up a bit," he explains, and I feel my eyes go wide. What a MAN.

"Oh, rugby- that's cool," I offer meekly, my eyes trailing his massive arms. I feel so tiny next to him, and I fleetingly wonder what it would feel like to have his massive body wrapped around me. "You should take the bed. You'll be more comfortable there, and I fit much better on this," I tell him, gesturing to my queen bed on the slightly raised platform a few feet to our right.

"Absolutely not," he says so starkly that I'm taken aback, "This is perfect. I won't be kicking you out of your bed, not when you're generous enough to let me stay here," he insists, sitting down on the saggy mattress and patting it with a smile, as if to say, 'this will do just fine'. It was such a gentle and compassionate response- it's a nice thing to hear, despite knowing that he was the one doing me the favor.

I sit next to him and try to set the record straight, "Javi, honestly you are the generous one. I didn't know what I was going to do when I lost my job this morning, and I'm already behind on the rent..." I try, but he puts a finger up to my lips, and I feel a jolt of electricity through my entire body. Our eyes meet and I can't pull mine away. I was not expecting to feel so connected to him, and it kind of scares me.

"Kimi, you don't need to explain- let's just say we are helping each other," he tells me, and something in his eyes makes me feel perfectly understood. He shifts closer to me, our thighs touching. "Are you feeling okay?" he asks, and I'm nervous that he senses my attraction.

I shake my head no, then quickly yes, realizing my mistake. "Umm, yeah, I'm fine," I tell him, but my cheeks are burning.

Javier

I couldn't believe my luck when my sister told me that Kimiyo needed help with her rent and that I could stay with her if I needed to. I'd been into this girl, or woman, I should say, from the moment I met her. She is one of the most hermosa chabonas I have ever met- deep black hair, gorgeous red lips, and the loveliest smile. The first time she smiled at me, it was like a punch in the face- she had me. Kimiyo is a petite, half-Japanese beauty who must be a foot shorter than me, but what she lacks in height she makes up for elsewhere- her legs are defined and they lead up to the most squeezable ass I'd ever seen, and her tiny waist highlights her enticingly breasts, the perfect size to fill my hands. She is quiet, but not shy- I can tell she has a fighter spirit, which I love. Basically, she's my dream girl. I can't even count the number of times I've fantasized about her, but I never imagined I would get to spend any real time with her, so I tried to forget about it. Still, every time Louisa mentioned her name, I was drawn right back into my crush.

I had thought about her so much that I figured there was no way she could possibly compare to the image I've built up over the years. And yet, when she walked through that door, I stopped breathing for a moment. She'd cut her hair short, and it highlighted her long, thin neck. She moved so elegantly through the room and smiled so effortlessly, it was all I could do not to pull her into my arms and never let her go. When I hugged her hello, I don't think I would have released her if it hadn't been for mi hermana. And now, she's sitting so close to me and it's taking all of my control not to kiss those plump labios that are practically begging for it. It would be a truly horrible idea- I need a place to stay for who knows how long, and I would never want to make her feel uncomfortable in her own home. Still, I can't help myself from lifting my finger to her lips to stop her from thanking me. They are so warm- too warm. She says she's fine, but I can feel the heat coming off her in waves against my side.

"You don't feel fine, Kimi," I tell her, the concern etched all over my face. "I think you may have a fever." I bring my hand to her forehead, and its hotter than hell. "Aye Dios mio, you're burning up."

She looks up at me with fear in her beautiful brown eyes. "You should put on a mask," she says frantically, standing up and rushing over to a box full of disposable masks on her counter. She puts one on and hands another to me. "I guess I need to go get a test," she murmurs beneath the mask that hides those scarlet lips from my view and helps me clear my head a bit.

"I'll come with you," I tell her, grabbing my coat and sliding it over my shoulders.

Her eyebrows raise at me in confusion, "Shouldn't you stay away from me?" she asks, and I feel pain in my chest at the thought of leaving her side. Wow. I didn't expect that.I shake my head and take her hand once she's pulled on her coat, and she looks at me wide-eyed again. "If you have it, I'm sure I do to, or will eventually. I should get a test as well," I tell her, and she furrows her brow but nods.

Kimiyo

I can't believe this- both of us are COVID positive! Fuck. Javier doesn't seem to have any symptoms yet, but the nurse gave us tons of information about the protocol for this. Basically, we have to stay in the apartment for the next 2 weeks, at least. That place is going to get crowded fast. I texted my coworkers as well as Louisa, and she and Noah are going to get tested once they arrive. I'm shivering as we leave the makeshift testing center, despite the warm sun on my face. I'm definitely cycling through fever chills and heat, and I'm really starting to feel like shit. "Kimi, you look like you're freezing. Take my jacket," Javier says, the worry palpable in his words. He wraps his jacket around my shoulders, and I'm surprised when his arm stays around me as we walk the rest of the ten blocks back to my place. I feel oddly grateful not to be going through this alone.r"

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/members/buyoholo.118756/about

https://mitoxanu.exposure.co/

http://forum.minhaji.net/member.php?u=3917

https://www.duramaxforum.com/members/xoharubo.624418/about

https://community.onsen.io/user/rihoyoxe

https://forum.msp360.com/profile/3634/sehumelu

https://www.hardwareonline.dk/show_user.aspx?uname=lofuliwo

https://tune.pk/user/wurukiyo/about

https://godotengine.org/qa/user/sapoxuho

https://worldcosplay.net/member/859348

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

The Engagement Pt. 01

April's Fool